The March Windermere Report is here! We’ve had a lot going on all over the Valley.
- Over the last 4 years 56% of Henderson’s growth has come from California
- Closings are up 9% month to month throughout Las Vegas
- Lake Las Vegas has gone from 6 new home communities to a whopping 12!
According to Chief Economist, Matthew Gardner, prices in all sub-markets rose compared to the same quarter last year.
The 2019 outlook shows stable pricing and slower market, but still positive growth when compared to 2018!
The City of Las Vegas has put a ban on short term rentals (30 days or less), but don’t worry, if you wish to participate in this booming rental market all you need is a permit.
Happy holidays! I hope all is well with you.
December 15th to January 15th is the time of the year that Clark County residents can contest their property taxes.
While there are no guarantees, many Clark County property owners have followed the simple process below and have been successful in getting their annual property taxes reduced.
Good luck, happy holidays and here is the simplified process:
1. Notice of Property Value cards were sent from the Clark County assessor on 12/10/18 to the mailing address of the property owner.
2. Check your mail and review the property value stated on the card.
3. If you did not receive a card, call the Assessor at 702-455-3882 and request another.
4. If you agree with the value, have a great holiday season.
5. If you disagree with the property value, contact the Assessor at 702-455-3882 and let them know you would like to start the appeal process.
6. They will send you a form in the mail. Keep an eye out for this form, because it has a serial number on it that ties to your appeal.
7. Fill out the form and send it back. Ask your neighborhood real estate agent (me!) to provide some comps of like properties so that you have support for your claim that the value is too high.
8. Send back your dispute.
9. Chances are they will call you to inform you that you will need to go to a meeting to discuss the appeal.
10. If you agree to the meeting and they ask you to go, take your comps with you.
11. If not you will get a notice by phone or mail that your appeal has been processed and hopefully it is with the good news that your taxes have been reduced!
Good luck and please let me know if you need assistance!